April 15th, 2021
Phone and Foot Canvassers - Part Time
The Nova Scotia NDP is calling out to progressives in Nova Scotia to be a part of our canvassing team. Canvassers will be reaching out to voters through various phone calling and door- knocking campaigns.
We are looking for passionate, driven and highly motivated people who believe in the NDP's vision for Nova Scotia and want to be part of this historic campaign. Although having campaign or canvassing experience is a plus, it is not required. Applicants will be expected to commit to a minimum of three 3-hour shifts per week from the date of hiring. Successful candidates will help us build our support base and help us work towards something better for families in Nova Scotia.
Job Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Ability to adapt well to changing work priorities;
- Excellent judgement, a polite, engaging and enthusiastic telephone manner, “the gift of gab;”
- Comfortable talking directly with voters;
- Comfortable securing support from donors;
- Excellent listener;
- Proven ability to work well with others;
- Operate the auto-dialing software;
- Work to achieve and exceed targets;
- Willingness to work irregular hours in a hectic campaign environment;
- Knowledge of the Nova Scotia NDP and provincial politics;
- Prior NDP campaign experience is an asset;
- Previous canvassing experience an asset;
- Maintain meticulous records regarding contacts;
- Multilingualism an asset;
- Experience isn't necessary, training will be provided;
- This is also an opportunity for experienced canvassers to hone their craft through further training opportunities;
- Other duties as required
The starting salary for this position is $15 an hour (minimum of three 3-hour shifts per week).
Start date ASAP. Interviews have opened and will be ongoing until positions are filled.
The Nova Scotia NDP practices employment equity. Women, racialized persons, Africian Nova Scotian persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your cover letter.
Send resume and cover letter by e-mail to Jamie Masse email@example.com with the subject line “Voter Contact Agent”