June 16th, 2020
Part-Time Bookkeeper - Contract - Halifax
The Nova Scotia NDP is in search of a motivated and experienced person to fill the role of part-time ongoing bookkeeper.
Candidates should have demonstrated relevant experience in bookkeeping, working with confidential and personal information, attention to details, time management and reporting, and should possess critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. They must have the ability to work independently but also be capable of working as a member in a dynamic team.
- Must be proficient in Sage / Simply Accounting Software
- Supports system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Supports the maintenance of subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Supports the maintenance of general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Supports the maintenance of historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- This position is currently set for a few hours a month and could expand to full-time hours during special events.
All candidates should have knowledge of and commitment to the New Democratic Party and its principles. They will be familiar with current events and issues within the province of Nova Scotia, possess excellent oral and written communications skills, and will be willing to follow strategic direction.
Starting salary will be awarded based on experience with a minimum of a $24.99 / hour.
The Nova Scotia NDP practices employment equity. Women, African Nova Scotian persons, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your cover letter.
July 10, 2020 at 5pm Atlantic
Send application to
If you are interested in pursuing employment opportunities as a Part-time Bookkeeper, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Nova Scotia New Democratic Party
603 – 5151 George St.
Halifax, NS B3J 1M9
902 – 423 – 9217