July 28th, 2022
Halifax - Outreach Coordinator - Part-time / 12 hours a week
Seeking a highly motivated, organized individual to provide constituency support, including communications, public relations, and community outreach.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be highly organized and have experience overseeing office management and volunteers.
The Outreach Coordinator provides assistance to the elected Member of the Legislative Assembly in carrying out duties to constituents, including communication, public relations and marketing, organization, and other services as appropriate.
MLA Suzy Hansen - Constituency Office
Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Writing and editing information for constituency newsletter, advertising, and marketing materials
- Sourcing and implementing delivery of outreach material including coordination of distribution of material
- Creating website and social media content including photos, news, and other items.
- Organizing outreach events such as town hall meetings, including producing all necessary promotional and programming materials, booking venues, coordinating with potential attendees and other tasks that may be required.
- Setting up meetings between local groups and individuals with the MLA either inside or outside the office.
- Maintaining MLA calendar of activities including identifying upcoming community events and making recommendations as to MLA attendance based on contact with the constituency office.
- Maintaining relationships with local organizations and groups, including unions, community groups, business associations, student groups, parent school associations, religious organizations.
- Attending community meetings or activities within the constituency with or on behalf of the MLA.
- Attending to other tasks assigned by the MLA relating to maintenance of positive community relationships within the constituency, including identification of issues of concern in the constituency.
- Organizing door-to-door canvassing with the MLA.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including a keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience drafting, formatting and editing office correspondence, promotional materials, and speeches.
- Effective communication, customer service, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Well developed organizational, time management and daily planning skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team environment. Experience working in an office environment without direct supervision is preferred.
- Knowledge of current issues impacting the constituency is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, email, and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers or casual staff.
- Experience working with database software, particularly on the Populus platform, is considered an asset.
- Reside in the constituency or has direct personal knowledge of the constituency, including knowledge of local groups and organizations.
- Ability to travel within the constituency to carry out job-related responsibilities as required.
Starting at $19/hr - 12 hours/week (with possibility of expanded hours)
No later than 5 PM, Friday, August 19, 2022
Send application to
With "Halifax Needham OC" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.