July 3rd, 2019
Outreach Assistant - Part-Time/Temporary
The Nova Scotia NDP Caucus seeks a motivated person based in Halifax to fulfill the position of Outreach Assistant on a part-time, temporary basis. Start date, hours of work, and schedule are flexible for this position. Some evenings and weekends will be required. Individuals who are interested but may not be available for the full term of the position or the full number of hours are still encouraged to apply.
The Outreach Assistant will provide support for various elements of the public outreach work undertaken by the NDP Caucus.
This may include:
- Working closely with community organizations and individuals on political issues;
- Organizing a wide range of meetings, activities, and events that engage a diverse cross-section of organizations and communities of interest.
- Developing relationships with individuals and organizations and maintaining accurate lists of contacts.
- Recruiting volunteers to attend events with NDP MLAs;
- Scheduling meetings and tours with NDP MLAs and/or the Leader;
- Attending meetings or events with NDP MLAs and/or the Leader;
- Drafting promotional material for the NDP Caucus; and
- Other tasks that promote the work of the NDP Caucus with the public across Nova Scotia.
This position would be appropriate for someone looking to gain training and experience in any of the following areas: volunteer recruitment, event planning, public outreach, social media management, communications, marketing, and political science.
The Outreach Assistant will possess the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with the New Democratic Party, its policies and structure.
- Experience and/or training in political outreach and organizing.
- Experience doing public outreach at community events.
- Experience organizing events, working with stakeholder groups, and volunteer recruitment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle considered an asset.
- Experience in not-for-profit or membership-based organizations or the public sector considered an asset.
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
$18.50 per hour, up to 30 hours per week.
Up to 14 weeks, to be completed by the end of October.
July 14, 2019
The Nova Scotia NDP practices employment equity. Women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your cover letter.
Send resume and cover letter by e-mail to Kaley.Kennedy@novascotia.ca with the subject line “Outreach Assistant."