Families deserve a break
Nova Scotians are dealing with skyrocketing cost increases and the Houston government is ignoring you.
Claudia Chender and New Democrats will
Rein in Nova Scotia Power and reduce home heating bills
We’ll make sure Nova Scotia Power works for you.
- Make it so Nova Scotia Power profits are tied to saving people money and improving the grid.
- Require the creation of a low-income power rate to ensure households are not spending more than they can afford on their power bills.
- Reverse the Houston government’s cuts to the HARP program, and index the program for future years.
Get rid of unnecessary vehicle inspections and license fees
- Waive fees for license renewals, basic identification cards, and change of name or address requests
- Change Motor Vehicle Inspections (MVI) to every 5 years instead of 2 – bringing the province in line with most other provinces.
Provide free meals to kids at school
- Create a universal school lunch program to ensure all children have access to nutritious meals at school.