June 2nd, 2021
Administrative and Financial Assistant - Halifax
The Nova Scotia NDP is in search of a motivated and experienced person to fill the role of Administrative and Financial Assistant.
Job Responsibilities and Qualifications
Candidates should have demonstrated relevant experience in office administration, bookkeeping, working with confidential and personal information, and attention to detail. The successful candidate should be committed to reporting responsibilities and deadlines, and be able to demonstrate good time management. Working with systems and software, the successful candidate can identify glitches and inconsistencies before they become full scale problems, demonstrating good critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. They must have the ability to work independently but also be capable of working as a member of a dynamic team. This position reports to the Provincial Secretary.
The successful candidate will have three priorities in support of Party operations:
- Excellence in record keeping, membership list management, bookkeeping, donor management and accurate reporting.
- Dedication to Party affairs, managing data, supporting Electoral District Associations, party governance and committee work.
- Commitment to office management.
Capacity to preform in these priority areas might include:
- Proficiency in Sage / Simply Accounting Software.
- Understanding of various CRM customer management, donor management, and membership software.
- Day-to-day financial data entry including accounts payable/receivable invoices, and general ledger transactions.
- Other financial responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing bank deposits, downloading online payment reports, matching/checking accuracy, timely monthly reporting to the Bookkeeper and Provincial Secretary.
- Maintenance of historical records and business continuity in the organized management of documents.
Support Party Office business continuity, including:
- Check and direct emails, check voicemail, answering the phone and assists with filing of annual paperwork with appropriate bodies.
- Administration of NSNDP Provincial Council meeting notices, collection of reports as needed, and other communications.
- Participate in team planning for milestone events, such as biannual AGMs and Conventions.
- Coordination of volunteer requests for Electoral District Associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as defined.
Starting salary will be awarded based on experience with a range between $45,000 to $52,000.
The Nova Scotia NDP practices employment equity. Women, racialized persons, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity- seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your cover letter.
June 11th, 2021 at 5pm Atlantic
If you are interested in pursuing employment opportunities as an Administrative and Financial Assistant, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Nova Scotia New Democratic Party
603 – 5151 George St.
Halifax, NS B3J 1M9
902 – 423 – 9217